Gippsland Artists: Linking the artists of Gippsland to the world
Gippslandartists.com is a private business that aims to serve the artists of Gippsland.
The site is inclusive and available to anyone who considers themselves an artist.
The aim is:
- to provide a low cost web presence to any Gippsland artist
- to provide a comprehensive list of artists to the public
- to encourage artists through providing exhibition opportunities
- to foster the growth of an encouraging network of artists supporting each other
The web-site Gippslandartists.com offers
- a web-page at minimal cost, or a link to an existing web-page
- a listing of exhibitions by the artists represented
- a galleries and studios listing
- a links page to useful sites
The site is dynamic. New features are frequently added, in response to perceived needs and to keep abreast of latest technologies and needs.
Successes and Hits
GippslandArtists.com with the support of Baw Baw Shire helped promote artists of Gippsland at various 'ARTMelbourne' festivals (Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne)(2017 - 2010).
We would see 4,000+ hits a month to our virtual Gallery in those earlier days.
There is no external funding, so in order to continue supporting artists, Gippslandartists.com needs the support of artists. Many artists now have their own sites and exposure through social media.
Fees Structure for Supporting Artists/Galleries
There is an annual fee of $30 for artists who have a webpage provided by Gippsland Artists. This allows the artist to have their own page and via the administrator, to
- regularly update their images and
- to advertise their exhibitions.
- As a supporting artist your signature work, name and link will appear at the top of all site-pages on a random rotational basis.
For a $150 setup fee and subsequently $40/year an artist or gallery can administer their own pages; editing all aspects of their site (Promotion of their work and exhibitions, updating art-works and their details). All aspects of their site are fully editable; eg:
- 'About Us': An artist or gallery can edit their own details at any time
- 'Art Works': Artists and galleries can break their works into any number of series or artists, respectively.
- 'Contact Us': Users can click on any title of an art work in order to send the artist or gallery an enquiring email (e.g., with the view to purchase or commission works).
- Online purchasing could be added if sufficient interest is expressed. PayPal would be the prefered medium at this stage.
For supporting Artists who have their own site there is a fee of $15. This allows the artist (via the administrator) to:
- update their signature image, name and link which will appear at the top of all site-pages on a random rotational basis
- to advertise their exhibitions on the site
Your support is vital to the success of the venture
To enquire about any of these option contact Ingrid or Geoff